Pages

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Kagame Says, ’I dont Need a 3rd Term’


President Kagame Says, 'I dont Need a 3rd Term' 
Published on 27-02-2013 - at 04:08' by Bigabo Patrick

Rwanda's President Paul Kagame has said he is not requesting for another term as President of Rwanda after 2017.
He categorically cleared the air saying, "Look at me, Iam not the person who needs the third term. I don't need it. I don't need your third term."
President Kagame expounded saying," I want to do my business for which the Rwandans entrusted me to do and when am done I will be done...I can continue to serve my country in very different ways."
He further said that he was thinking about the future of Rwanda not the third term.
Refering to the recent RPF national Executive Committee meeting in which the third term issue arose and gained momentum there after, President Kagame said, "My version was clear. I said everything I had to say and I meant what I said."
He noted that if there are people who wanted me to say what they wanted to hear from me, "I tell people what I want them to hear from me not vice versa. There shouldn't be different versions to what I said in that meeting."
In that meeting i raised three issues;
I raised the issue of Change and which is indeed entailed in the constitution of Rwanda. And what is expected in 2017 is change subject to term limits.
I also raised the issue of Continuity: Meaning continuity of progress Rwanda has been making. I believe the country has been making progress but you might have your own views.
Lastly in that meeting I talked about Stability: Rwandas situation is very complex and unique. We have our history that is complicated.
The President is currently responding to Questions raised by Journalists at the Monthly Press Briefing.
IGIHE is currently at the press conference and details of the entire interuction will be published .....

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ MORE RECENT NEWS AND OPINIONS

Popular Posts

“The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.”

“I have loved justice and hated iniquity: therefore I die in exile.

“The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.”

“When the white man came we had the land and they had the bibles; now they have the land and we have the bibles.”