Skip to main content

Kagame threatens UN withdraw "his own army" as he did on Karenzi's case in Darfour last year

28 August 2010 Last updated at 23:11 GMT,

Why is Kagame's gvment re-threatening UN to withdraw army and police?

Instead of discussing the truth in substance containing in "UN report" !, Kigali could affront in law the case if they  are clean.

Are soldiers and police children(or slaves) of Kagame him self? or of the state ?

Do you Remember that,when UN pressured in Karenzi Karake's case accused of war crimes(in France,Spain) ,the former second chief commander in Darfour, Kagame and his governement threatened to withdraw rwandese army from Soudan.
The game has gained,UN pulled down and waites the end of his mandate, than the scene begins again in favour of great impunity, world injustice instead of the universal justice.

Fortunately, RPF Kagame's regime does big business in UN Mission Darfour,for ex : they drink "TRISTAR/RPF's water Inyange"from Kigali, they took 1/3 of all employee,soldier salary from UN Mission !!!


Why does Kagame  fears free and fair justice ????

L'histoire est têtue et rattrapera quiconque!

Rwanda threatens UN over DR Congo 'genocide' report

Rwandan Hutu refugees wait at the Zairean (now DR Congo) border post of Goma - 22 August 1995 Rwandan and Congolese troops are accused of slaughtering Hutu refugees
Rwanda has threatened to withdraw co-operation with the UN if a draft report criticising its army is published.
Kigali said it would reconsider its contributions to UN peacekeeping missions, dismissing claims in the UN report as "insane".
The document accuses Rwanda's Tutsi-led army of killing Hutus in Democratic Republic of Congo in the 1990s - acts it says may amount to genocide.
Extremist Hutus killed an estimated 800,000 Tutsis in Rwanda during 1994.
But the UN draft report, which was leaked on Friday, says in the years following the genocide, the Tutsi-dominated Rwandan army went into neighbouring Zaire (now DR Congo) and killed tens of thousands of ethnic Hutus - including women, children and the elderly.
Continue reading the main story

Troublesome neighbours

map
  • April-June 1994: Genocide of Tutsis in Rwanda
  • June 1994: Tutsi rebels take power in Rwanda, Hutus flee into Zaire (now DR Congo)
  • Rwanda's army enters eastern Zaire to pursue Hutu fighters
  • 1997: Laurent Kabila's AFDL, backed by Rwanda, takes power in Kinshasa
It emerged on Saturday that Rwandan Foreign Minister Louise Mushikiwabo had responded to the report earlier this month, sending a strongly worded letter to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon.
In the letter, obtained by journalists in the US, she criticised the sourcing and methodology of UN investigators.
She concluded: "Attempts to take action on this report - either through its release or leaks to the media - will force us to withdraw from Rwanda's various commitments to the United Nations, especially in the area of peacekeeping."
Rwanda contributes thousands of peacekeepers to the joint UN-African Union mission in the Sudanese region of Darfur, and the commander of the force is a Rwandan.
Analysts say the possible withdrawal of these troops would be a massive blow, especially as it comes at a time of increased violence in Darfur.
Rwandan officials have always said their forces entered the former Zaire, now DR Congo, to pursue the Hutu militias responsible for carrying out mass killings of Tutsis in Rwanda in 1994.
Rwanda's Justice Minister Tharcisse Karugarama told the BBC's Network Africa programme that there was no way Kigali's troops had killed civilians.
"Anybody who would suggest the RPA [Rwandan Army] could do something close to genocide, would be called in this country... mad, insane," he said.
The government was considering what action to take, said Mr Karugarama, who labelled the report a "stab in the back".
The UN report covers the wider conflict in DR Congo, which dragged in several neighbouring countries in what has been called "Africa's world war".
The document lists alleged rights violations by security forces from all the countries involved.
It accuses Congolese troops of involvement in the slaughter of ethnic Hutus - both Rwandan refugees and Congolese Hutus.
The final UN High Commission for Human Rights report is due to be made public in the next few days.
__._,_.___
.

__,_._,___

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Le Troisième Mandat de Louise Mushikiwabo à l'OIF : Entre Précédent et Principe Démocratique.

Le Troisième Mandat de Louise Mushikiwabo à l'OIF : Entre Précédent et Principe Démocratique. L'Alternance à l'OIF : Pourquoi un Troisième Mandat Fragilise la Crédibilité de la Francophonie. Introduction Louise Mushikiwabo veut un troisième mandat à la tête de l'Organisation internationale de la Francophonie. Son annonce, faite bien avant l'émergence d'autres candidats, rappelle une tactique familière en Afrique : affirmer qu'on a le soutien populaire sans jamais le prouver publiquement. La méthode est rodée. Des dirigeants africains l'utilisent depuis des décennies pour prolonger leur règne. Ils clament que "le peuple le demande" ou que "les partenaires soutiennent" cette reconduction. Aucune preuve formelle n'est nécessaire. L'affirmation devient réalité politique. Mais voilà le problème : la Francophonie prêche la démocratie, l'État de droit et l'alternance au pouvoir. Peut-elle tolérer en son sein ce qu...

Rwanda's Security Narrative and Eastern DRC: Why Many Say It Is Overstated

Rwanda's Security Narrative and Eastern DRC: Why Many Say It Is Overstated Introduction Rwanda frequently presents itself as a militarily capable state, yet it claims it must cross into the Democratic Republic of the Congo to protect itself. This argument raises a fundamental question: if Rwanda possesses such military strength, why cannot it defend itself within its own borders? Critics argue that ongoing cross-border operations, civilian displacement, mineral exploitation, and the establishment of parallel administrations cannot be justified as legitimate self-defence. This perspective is not marginal. It reflects mainstream reasoning across Congolese civil society, regional commentary, and an increasing number of international briefings that examine patterns of territorial control, governance structures, and political economy rather than focusing solely on immediate cross-border threats. A fundamental principle underpins this critique: whilst any state is entitled to hav...

How Rwanda Got It Wrong: The Moral Cost of Profiting from Congo's Suffering.

Introduction. At the 20th Umushyikirano National Dialogue Council in Kigali in February 2026, President Paul Kagame publicly stated that it is acceptable for minerals originating in the Democratic Republic of Congo to pass through Rwanda and be sold internationally. Whilst defending Rwanda's ambitions to become a mineral processing hub, he likened this practice to passengers travelling through Kigali airport en route to other destinations, arguing that whilst wealthy countries benefit most from this trade, Rwanda's participation is normal and justified. However, this framing fundamentally misrepresents a deeply troubling reality: the minerals in question are not legitimately transiting through Rwanda as part of normal trade, but are being extracted under conditions of conflict, violence, and mass suffering imposed by Rwandan-backed forces. The distinction between legitimate cross-border trade and the current situation cannot be overstated. Cross-border commerce between Rwan...

BBC News

Africanews

UNDP - Africa Job Vacancies

How We Made It In Africa – Insight into business in Africa

Migration Policy Institute